Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Eventually!

Hi everyone! Sincere apologies for the week long absence but as we all know stuff just happens and gets in the way.
But any how I'm pleased to say that I DID get some painting and sanding and staining done so you know that means I finished my new bowl rack! YAAAYY! Now all I had to do was wait patiently for a bit longer and ask my DH ever so nicely if he wouldn't just 'pretty please' hang it on the wall.
I know many another woman would get the drill, masonry bit etc and do it herself but believe me when I tell you that from previous experience there wouldn't be much plaster left on the wall.
Well, enough of the chit chat, would you like to see it?


I'm pretty pleased with it for all its simplicity - but it does exactly what I want it to do in that space.

Also had time for another quick piece of wood work and paint and made this fall block set which is on the foyer table

You can see the wild rose hips in the pic too. They are beautifully colored in reds and oranges and add a little bit of fall to my home.

Finally, here's a stove top display - for the moment - I think it still needs something?

And yes! you are right- it's not a pumpkin, it's a pepper! - but looks the part - improvising is something I'm working on!

I hope you all have a great week
Best wishes


9 comments:

  1. It looks just wonderful Christine, love how you have it all primmed up:) Love the bittersweet too! I thought the pepper was a pumpkin:)
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bowl rack, Christine!! It turned out great! Love all of the fall touches, too!

    Take care,
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love it; so cozy. Congratulations on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bowl rack looks absolutely wonderful! I am so glad you showed it to us. Your blocks are really cute too. You are one talented lady. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the bowl rack, Christine...very nice :)
    Love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine~
    I just love your bowl rack! It's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!! Your fall blocks came out great too. I'm going to have to try my hand at some... I see them on everyone's blogs.
    Thanks for stopping by to visit me. You have a great blog!
    Hugs~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,
    That's so funny about the pepper. You know I didn't even notice it was a pepper until you pointed it out!
    You bowl rack turned out beautiful and so did your blocks. Love the wild rose hips too! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks wonderful. I love your bowl rack and how you have it decorted. Have a great day!:)Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog Christine. I really enjoyed taking a look at yours. Love the bowl rack. Sometimes simple is better. Yours looks great! Cute blocks too.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!