Tuesday, 18 August 2009

New!

Today is a new day! Fresh, unspoilt as yet, and full of new experiences - a blank page for us to fill as best we can - I always love that.
I'm in the mood to do some cross stitch and got some of Primitive Betty's freebie patterns to try, though I need to take a trip to the needlework shop for thread.
But as promised here's the penny candle mat I said I would finish :Here it is on my hall table:
After some initial puzzling over how best to arrange the pennies, the simplest solution seemed best- a circle and the best template I could find was a saucepan lid! So really they are simple to make. I'll run into town now to do some shopping and hope you all enjoy your new day!
Best wishes



3 comments:

  1. Looks so nice on your table, I've made these before but usually do them in the winter.
    Rondell♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    I love it! You did a great job. I love all the different colors you used. Aren't they fun to make? I've got a few more designs I want to do. I need to buy some new felt colors. Right now I'm back to making snowmen. I need to change off or I get bored. I must have adult ADD. Have a great day. Blessings, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penny mat is so cute. I have always wanted to make one of those, but haven't tried yet. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!