Monday, 3 August 2009

Monday Makeover

Here we are again - Monday a new week ahead and it seems to me the weeks are flying past.
The last few days have been damp and soggy over here making it tricky to do much outdoors where I'd rather be this time of year.

So it was time to get busy stitchin' so as to keep me occupied and not thinking about food and all those snacks ( I really love chocolate!!!). I have some wool felt left from making last week's applique pillows and being the impatient person I am, decided to try penny rug making. I had been trying to find a simple starter kit to begin with, but in all my internet searches I have not come up with one plain and straightforward penny rug kit - yes there are the more intricate ones with flowers and all manner of creatures, but not (I felt) a beginner's kit.

Well, I jumped in feet first and all things considered the outcome is not too bad if I do say so myself. And yes it's more Americana!

So next I made some pennies and its not easy cutting out even circles! Soon I had a little pile of them. Now I've said already that Impatience is my middle name meaning as I sat there preparing to arrange the pennies on a mat, I caught sight of a bare lampshade!


So now you see where I'm going with this! Some glue and a madeover lampshade!



Now I need to start all over again to make more pennies for a matching mat. Someone please send me the patience to do it before I'm distracted by something else lol!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!