Friday, 28 August 2009

Friendship


We all know what a blessing it is to have good friends. Yesterday I felt the warmth of friendship
once again through the thoughtfulness of a dear friend of mine. We have been friends from girlhood - been on holiday together, studied together and even met our future husbands together!
Oh, and then we both found out we were each expecting our first baby within a week of each other!
Life gets in the way sometimes and we don't always see each other as often as we'd like. But yesterday Amanda arrived at my house in the middle of her busy schedule. She had taken the time and made the effort to bake me some delicious cinnamon scones and some cake. Sorry no pics. - good things to eat don't stay about for long in our house! Not only that, the best part was she had been out shopping and saw this prim sign and got it for me along with some wonderful smelling tart melts and my favorite scented candle.
The verse on it reads, 'This is the day the Lord has made, Rejoice and be glad in it.'
I was just so glad to think I have a friend like Amanda. Thank the Lord for friendships that last all weathers! And thanks Amanda for being such a great friend.
And while I'm on the subject of friendships, I have to thank all of you who take the time to visit with me and comment - I really love to hear from you!! Making new friends through blogging is a new avenue for us to travel down and one I'm so enjoying.
Best wishes for now,


1 comment:

  1. Oh Christine the sign is just lovely! What a sweet friend. The cinnamon scones sound delicious too! They wouldn't last too long around here either :) I'm so glad you got to visit with one another. Friends are special, and having one that has gone so through so many special moments with you is the best! Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!