Monday, 17 August 2009

Comfort food for the soul

Let me just say that today was a day of tantrums and tears, (and I will put my hand up to burning some of dinner!!) and a few trials that got on top of me - for a bit. Now I was tempted to run for chocolate but instead I found refuge in my Bible and some verses which are like a balm or 'comfort food' for the soul in distress or discouragement, so I thought I'd share the recipe :

Hebrews 12. 3, 'Consider Him (Christ) that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.'

Romans 8. 35, 'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress...?'

1 Peter 5. 7, 'Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you.'

When this is added together the outcome is the lovely verse in Philippians 4. 6 'And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.'

'Wherefore comfort one another with these words.'






2 comments:

  1. I had a trying day myself. Teaching Pre-Algebra to a mathematically challenged teen. AGH!

    God is good. We got through. Happiness is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely reminder of what a loving, comforting, and gracious God we serve. Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!