Wednesday, 5 August 2009

All primmed up!

Hello to you all, this fine Wednesday! The sun is shining and it always has that effect of lifting my heart, I thank God for every blessing in my life - God IS good! We are looking forward to a fun family day together as hubby is taking some time off work.

Before we head out, let me share with you what I've been up to in the last few days. It's a simple little primming project that Ive been meaning to do for ages. Only problem was, I wasn't 100% sure how to finish off on the detail - you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure it must be 12 years since I bought this little kitchen drawer tidy when I was more into apple decor than now.Anyhow, I had been wondering how to finish off the drawer fronts after sanding away the apples. I even looked into buying some prim transfers. Then it dawned on me that I could punch a pattern into the tin! When I saw the star punched tart warmer it seemed like that would be the pattern to try. So here it is painted black and sanded down and drawers transformed! What d'ya think?

And I haven't forgotten about the pennies for a matching candle mat. Promise it's in the making but as the weather's too nice I'm off outside!

Have a great week
Best wishes

3 comments:

  1. A great transformation. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great makeover, so simple, yet so cute. Thanks for sharing the idea with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That my friend is a prim perfect solution. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!