Saturday, 18 July 2009

My prim goodies from Lancaster County

Hi everyone and thanks for dropping by. Slowly we are getting back to normal and managing to keep our eyes open for more than an hour at a time! It all seems like a dream except now I have some new goodies to remind me of a wonderful trip. It was so hard trying to select things that would fit in my luggage, but when I saw this little Americana basket that is handmade in Lancaster County, I knew it was the one for me!

One of the other 'must haves' on my shopping list was some treenware. I also bought vanilla hazelnut scented rosehips to put in it and the braided mat - I love the colors in it.

Believe it or not, the tin punched tart-warmer is my first one. I love the glow from it, just can't seem to capture this on camera.


This is a pic of all my goodies. I also love the wool felt pillow. It might just inspire me to create some designs of my own. I got quite a nice stash of homespun fabrics and have ideas for making some pillows and quilted wall hangings with them.

Amazingly, I even managed to bring some Polish pottery home safely! Anything with stars and stripes and I love it! Looks so cheery on the shelf in the kitchen.
I did pretty well and I better pay tribute to my DH for his patience in taking me around the stores and keeping 3 bored children amused elsewhere while I shopped!

I know I'll have so much fun finding places for all this stuff!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Best wishes

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased to see you on my followers list. Thank you for stopping by. I have really enjoyed reading through your blog.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the basket. I think I'm beginning to get the Americana bug...oh no!

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!