Monday, 15 June 2009

Like to Visit some more?

Welcome back and come on down the hall, turn right and enter the kitchen. Now I have to warn you not to expect anything prim here, much as I'd like to have it that way. We only recently updated our kitchen units and appliances, which was before I discovered the wonderful world of primitives etc. The cupboard doors, though, are supposed to be shaker style or at least that's what the brochures say. They are light oak in finish and the counter tops are black granite effect. We used tiles for the splashback and it is practical when it comes to cleaning.

This is the open shelf you see first as you enter, so at least here I can put out some of my favorite items. The units and counter are arranged in a U-shape.


The kitchen is open plan to the family den, really just a TV viewing area. It's one of the rooms I'd love to do more prim decorating in, but these things take time so I am learning to be patient and prioritise.


Also in the corner is a special little chair which has quite a history. My dad did up an old place which was 100 years old and he found this chair which he used for standing on whilst painting!
I claimed it after we moved in as the little cottage was our first home when we married. I will confess I painted it and stenciled flowers on the back rest - something I soon regreted. Just last year I stripped all the yucky paint off and thought it was pretty prim.



Hope you enjoyed the tour! Have a great week and I'll catch up with everyone's blogs.
Best wishes

2 comments:

  1. Very nice kitchen, Christine! Thanks for the tour!

    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,

    I think your kitchen looks great! You've got a nice neutral background to display all your new prims. When we built our home I wasn't into prim decorating ~ that happened about a year or so ago. I'm slowly adding things as I find them which is half the fun!!!

    Take care ~ Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!