Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Hello and thanks for visiting. We've been enjoying some really good weather lately and so I've been outside enjoying the sunshine and keeping the lawn in trim, which is why I've neglected my blog. We had a great BBQ for Father's Day at my FIL's. It was nice catching up with the family. Sunday was also our annual Children's Day service at church with the Sunday school all taking part and it was a very enjoyable occasion.

Things are also getting very exciting for us in the countdown to our vacation. As you can imagine I'm rushing around trying to make sure we've got everything - not to mention all the laundry. So the suitcases are set out ready to pack. All being well, we should be in Maryland in just five days time!!!! Naturally I've checked out some prim stores to visit and I have to say I can't wait to go to Intercourse in Lancaster County - the stores there look awesome!

This is a little addition to my Americana pillow collection. I had never come across fabric yo- yos before but thought this looked good on print. If any one knows how and why fabric yo-yos came to be I'd love to know.


I went rummaging through some boxes of past crafting items and came across Miss Kitty USA as I named her and had to put her on the shelf for more Americana decor.
Finally got around to adding a table runner on the kitchen table - just a piece of fabric I bought because I love it! I folded it for now and then at some stage I'll use it for other projects.


I don't know if I'll manage to post again before we go - but until next time have a great time,
Best wishes

4 comments:

  1. Christine, I love the game board in your header picture. Did you make it? I'll be praying for safe travel for you and your family. Hope you find lots of goodies!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the game board in the your blog header. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog you have here!
    I am looking forward to reading more!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!