Monday, 25 May 2009

More stars and stripes!

Monday greetings! Just checking in again with a few pics of what I've been making over the weekend. As you may or may not have realized, I love stars and stripes! I had seen some stars on springs or spindles but never came across them to buy so when I found an old piece of curtain pole bracket the light bulb lit up! I got stitching away and, remembering Tonya's clever trick of using both sides to go with a change of decor, I did one side stars and stripes and the other as a quilted block.
Here is the reverse side:

I had fun rearranging this little shelf in the kitchen to make more of a red, white and blue display. Only problem being, looking at these pics I think I need a few lessons in the art of photography!LOL.
I love sheep too, and made this little fella to put on the hall table. A friend had given me the fabric as she knew just how much I love Americana. She had come over for a visit last Thursday and enjoyed catching up. I benefited from her quilting expertise on binding quilts so now I've a couple more jobs to put on the 'to finish' list.

Last but not least, I got hold of some timber and paint. This is the end result and I put it up in the family room.

Well, that's about all folks as there's still housework to do and three hungry children to run after:-).
Hope to catch up with you all again soon.
Prim wishes







2 comments:

  1. Christine,

    Your little star is just so cute. I love it ~ both sides! ; ) I have to say the sheep is my favorite. I really need to learn how to sew! You did a great job on your wooden flag too. Looks like you're having lots of fun adding Americana touches to your home. Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star is way to cute! Love how you did it different on both sides!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!