Tuesday, 21 April 2009

American Dreaming

Just wanted to share a picture of a little Americana grouping I've put together. I really love red, white and blue, stars and stripes and it's become a bit of a joke in our family that we're like Americans living in N.I. As soon as I get around to it I'll show some pics of the kitchen which is still a work in progress, but reflects my love of Americana and homespun style. My husband was so thoughtful and bought the checkerboard for my Christmas gift. We had seen it in Yarmouth, Cape Cod last year on vacation, and he knew I really loved it, but hesitated about buying it - you know what its like- you want everything in sight, and I'd all ready bought more than the suitcases would hold! I made the pear on top of the stacking boxes and the raggedy shelf-sitter doll, the sheep, stars and 'blessings' pillow in the basket, which was another holiday bargain find; it was only $2!

Well, that's all, love
Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for expressing an interest - kind thoughts always appreciated!